About the Firm: We are a Private Equity firm founded in 2021 by some of New England’s most successful entrepreneurs. Currently investing out of our first fund with plans to raise a second fund in the next 12 - 18 months, we invest in lower middle market SaaS companies with the goal of creating market leading businesses. We encourage a highly collaborative team environment where everyone is heard, and we succeed when all are focused on a clear set of common goals and initiatives.
About the Position: Akmazo Capital is seeking highly motivated candidates interested in developing their business and investment acumen to gain experience in Private Equity and M&A transactions. The Private Equity Sr. Analyst will be primarily focused on investment sourcing but also participate in many aspects of private equity investing, including development of industry and company profiles, deal due diligence, portfolio company reporting, and other quantitative and qualitative analysis. The Sr. Analyst will be a key part of the investment team, and will have an opportunity to utilize their research, analytical and interpersonal skills on a day-to-day basis.
A Sr. Analyst should demonstrate maturity and initiative, insightful analytical ability, strong communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills. They will also need to have an understanding of business tools such as Outlook and Excel, corporate financial analysis and financial statements and have the ability to adapt to varied assignments and situations. Business or financial experience in the SaaS sector is a plus.
The position requires a two-year commitment and high performers [may] be invited to stay at the firm.
- Highly motivated with strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player with an ability to perform in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- An interest in the capital markets generally and the software sector specifically
- A willingness to be self-motivated and work hard to achieve a team’s goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- Conduct company and industry research and analysis to identify companies that meet our investment criteria
- Direct outreach and engagement with CEOs and business owners to support building relationships with them on behalf of Akmazo
- Support diligence and financial analysis to close investments
- Support post-closing ongoing financial analysis and reporting for new and existing portfolio companies
- Preferable 1 - 3 years’ experience in either transaction sourcing, consulting, investment banking or other professional experience
- Undergraduate degree: BA or BS with a Business or Finance major or minor preferred